The CadLine is pleased to announce the official release of the latest version of its own developed Computer Aided Architectural Design (CAAD) software, ARCHLine.XP® 2007.
Please read the short description of news. Some new features can be seen on video. Soon there will be more information!
Advanced AutoCAD Compatibility
- The ARCHLine.XP® 2007 imports and exports the DWG data format - used commonly by architects, engineers, designers, and virtually all CAD-related software applications.
- ARCHLine.XP® 2007 uses the latest DWGdirect 2.2 libraries, based on the industry standard OpenDWG, which is widely supported by commercial software vendors, and the engineering community.
- ARCHLine.XP® 2007 utilizes the new ODA libraries to interpret the updated DWG 2007 file format. ARCHLine.XP® 2007 will read, display, and write DWG 2007 files.
New Modular Product Structure
ARCHLine.XP® 2007 has been designed to enable the creation of a wide range of architectural design solutions for all types of market and application. The modular structure gives customers the ability to easily introduce additional functionality into their applications when required.
New color table manager
New color table manager provides the ability to effectively organize, import color tables including real AutoCAD color indexes.
- Standard handling of color tables.
- It is possible to load AutoCad color tables.
- It is possible to add new color tables.
- It is possible to query a specified color afterwards.
New XREF feature
Xref is an instance within a drawing referring to another document in DWG, DXF, or ASC format.
You can perform several operations on referenced drawing files including attaching, updating and detaching them.
When you attach a drawing as external reference (referred later as xref), you link that referenced drawing to the current drawing; any changes to the referenced drawing are displayed in the current drawing when it is opened or reloaded.
Attached xrefs can be nested: that is, you can attach an xref that contains another xref. When you open a drawing, all xrefs update automatically. You can also update xrefs whenever you want to ensure that the most current versions are displayed in your drawing. When you archive final drawings that contain xrefs, you can choose how you store the xrefs in the drawings.The xref drawing can be DXF, DWG or ASC drawing.
New enhanced Terrain and Volume Sketch design
The Terrain function of ARCHLine.XP® 2007 - keeping the old good features - developed a lot. There are new functions and setting possibilities.
For this you can use the following tools:
- There are different options to set the appearance of a terrain. Optionally you can display the elevation values and the numbering of terrain points.
- You can create Zones which helps you in conceptual massing.
- Using the existing zones you can create mass objects with multiple floors as an extruded solid.
- Mass objects can be modified or converted later.
- From the mass objects you can create walls, slabs, curtain walls or even doors/windows layout repeated periodic on multiple floors can be applied.
- The interior spaces and rooms of the buildings created this way can be modified as you wish, since those are created as individual buildings with their own floor structure.
The Construction Grid module of ARCHLine.XP® gives the possibility of creating the frame of the building with its structural and other relevant architectural elements in a fast way.
With the use of Construction Grid your task is not the drawing of architectural elements but setting up appropriate rules. With the application of these rules you don't have to draw columns, beams, supporting walls and plinths, the program does it instead of you.
ARCHline.XP® creates the whole frame of the building according to the rules you set up.
- You can define a construction grid. The location of the grid and the spacing of grid nodes are customizable.
- In this grid you can specify regions where the structural elements must be created. In addition to this you can define different bearing directions in a zone.
- You can define positive and negative exceptions so structural elements can be created out of the grid nodes as well.
Dynamic 3D Section Plane
3D section cut effect with interactive section plane movement.
The advantage of this function is that you can create a dynamic section defined by a section plane in real time.
It is not just a working tool for the architects but a spectacular representation of the building.
The construction animation module of ARCHLine.XP® 2007 makes enable to simulate the build up of a building.
This way you can play an animation like a "virtual construction" to your client.
For this you have the following tools:
- After specifying the expected start date and end date of construction a build-up duration time needed for building up an element can be assigned automatically to each construction element type. Additionally, you can specify the order of build-up of element types. You can specify the construction scheduling rules. (E.g. the time needed for build up the walls, the work phase followed by walling etc.)
- This construction schedule can be modified later by handling the elements in groups. The advantage of handling groups is the ability of quick build-up date assignment to all architectural elements, even if you have a large model.
- Construction dates assigned to the elements can be modified individually. It can happen that certain elements are constructed apart from their element type in a different time.
- The animation can be played at any time before the final date assignment so you can check whether the assignments are good.
- The animation created this way can be saved in .avi file format so you can give it to your client.
Enhancements for raster image handling: raster image manager.
In the design work you may need raster images. You can create a raster image by using a general plan, a hand made plan, a contour map, etc.
Raster images are either supplied in a digitalized form or available after scanning. Raster images can be imported into the drawing to create a background.
New user Interface
Multiple enhancements for user interface include:
- Improved display performance when using dynamic zoom and pan for large drawings by managing OPENGL window.
- Shortcuts buttons for fast switch - GRID, SNAP, OSNAP, ORTHO, POLAR commands.
- New compatible commands to define coordinates to specify absolute, relative and polar coordinates.
- New top menu and toolbox interface structure.
- Enhanced Set manager for all elements - Set drop-down menu lists the element related sets loaded in the project.
- Repeat Last Command can be used to repeat the most recently issued command pressing ENTER or using the Default right click menu.
Command Alias Table An alias lets you create a shortcut name for a command. By using aliases, you save a lot of time when doing tasks you do frequently.
Enhanced Set drop-down menu
Fast Set editing directly in the drop-down list.
During your work you often need to change the properties of different architectural or 2D elements. To create a floor plan, for example, you need different wall properties for headwalls, partition-walls or foundations. ARCHLine.XP® 2007 enables to store these settings in sets.
Previously you had to open the properties dialog of an element to change its set. Now you do not need to do this. You can select the appropriate sets by one click from a roll-down list.
Other improvements and repairs In addition to the new features, dozens of repairs and minor improvements were added as well, including:
- Setup supports Microsoft Windows Vista
- Rendering supports advanced visual features including high performing photorealistic rendering with super-sampling anti-aliasing, and colored shadows from semi-transparent materials like stained glass.
- Improved PDF export provides more flexible output options e.g. transparent raster images.
- Performance improvements with drawings containing big raster images
- OpenGL approximation lines are hidden by default.
- Improved multilayer wall connection, connection of parallel walls with different wall width.
- Door, window macros - Opening directions visualized in 3D view.
*This document is only for your information.
You can find the new features of previous versions of ARCHLine.XP® by clicking on the following links:
- ARCHLine.XP® 2016
- ARCHLine.XP® 2015
- ARCHLine.XP® 2014
- ARCHLine.XP® 2013
- ARCHLine.XP® 2012
- ARCHLine.XP® 2011
- ARCHLine.XP® 2010
- ARCHLine.XP® 2009
- ARCHLine.XP® 2008
- ARCHLine.XP® 2007
Compare releases - ARCHLine.XP previous versions