Overview and preparation
For complete beginners to using CAD design software for drawing accurate floor plan and 3D visual of spaces for interior design.
The aim of the course is for applicants to quickly learn the most important tools and working methods of the ARCHLine.XP program,
so they are able to independently prepare e.g. the design documentation of a one-story apartment with visuals.
Computer that meets the System Requirements
Microsoft Windows 10 or newer
ARCHLine.XP 2021 or 2022 and the Workshop Projects install set.
Local administrative privileges on the computer may be required to allow for software installation and to configure computer settings.
Quick Start Guide
This short course is designed to help ARCHLine.XP users, whether new or familiar with previous versions, get started.
ARCHLine.XP is powerful BIM software, and we like to think it's easy to learn.
The following videos have been selected in such a way as to give as complete a picture as possible of the basic functions and main concepts of the program, such as the user interface, design tools and services.
1. Living room design
- Room forms
- Wall editing
- Preparation of floor and ceiling
- Room wizard
- Ceiling lights
- Curtains, corner window
- Furniture placement
Visuals: Finishes and materials
- General management and editing basics of ARCHLine.XP
- CAD basics: User interface and Drawing tools
- Basic architectural drawing: Creation of wall, door, window, floor, slab
- Interior design: Decorative profile, skirting board, curtains, picture on the wall, lighting, furniture
- Manufacturers' products and materials
Visuals: Shadows, lights, photorealistic images
3. Bathroom design – Tiling
- Basic tiling: Wall and floor tiling
- Editing tiling in 3D
- Create a tiling pattern and tiling style
- Mosaic tiling
- Tiling on a 2D layout
- Built-in mirror
- Tiling documentation, wall views
Tiling consignment: Listing
4. Kitchen design
- Cupboards, drawers, worktop, accessories.
- Cornicing, skirting boards.
- Worktop with sink and hob
- Materials and finishes
Download from 3D Warehouse
- Creating mood board
- Managing floor plan organized by layers
- Coloured floor plan
- Wall views
- Placement of library lamps
- False ceiling and reccessed spot lights
- Creating a new lamp, with light source
- Spot direction editing
- LED strips
Using Luminous text
- Project settings
- Rendering settings
- Render styles
- Rendering effects
- Render list